Mike is a producer, sound engineer and recording artist. Mike’s can produce anything from a small vocal showreel from his home studio in Warwick, to remote recording of piano, synth and Hammond organ parts for your own recording project, all the way up to a 32 channel live recording of a band or orchestra performance in just about any location where you can wheel a small 12U flightcase.
Mike has recently been producing original material written by South African jazz vocalist Amy Walton, who fuses her love of jazz harmony with modern pop and soul influences.
Mike’s mobile studio revolves around a Mackie DL32R mixing desk, which provides 32 channels of audio. It can be used in two ways:
- capturing 32 channels of multi-tracked recordings at your gig, for mixing and post-production afterwards at home in Warwick (or elsewhere)
- for 32 channels of studio-quality pre-amps anywhere where you can wheel a flight case
Home studio and remote recordings
Mike’s home studio in Warwick is available for:
- remote recording: piano, synths, keyboards, auxiliary percussion
- voiceover and ADR
- musical theatre showreels
Home studio recordings with Mike include his piano playing free of charge, along with virtually unlimited tea and coffee.
Get in touch to discuss your upcoming recording project.
- Yamaha U3 Upright Piano
- Roland RD-800 keyboard
- Korg SV-1 keyboard (excellent for Rhodes and Wurlitzer)
- Hammond SK-1 keyboard
- Roland VR-09 keyboard
- Roland FP-4 keyboard
- Various auxiliary percussion including congas, bongos, timbales, shakers, mark tree, maracas, triangle, temple blocks, tambourine, agogo bells
- Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (for small on-the-road recordings)
- Mackie DL32R (32 channels for live recordings of full bands)
Digital audio workstations
- Logic Pro X
- Pro Tools 2019
- Blue Bluebird condenser microphone
- Sontronics STC-3X multi-pattern condenser microphone
- Sontronics STC-10 condenser microphones (x2)
- DPA d:vote 4099 instrument microphones (x8) with clips for violin/viola/cello, upright bass, acoustic guitar, kick drum, toms, piano, clarinet, horns, accordion
- sE X1R ribbon microphones (x2)
- AKG c1000s
- Shure SM57, SM58, Beta 57A and Beta 58A (lots!)